Jenson Button is using a helmet design based on that from his world championship-winning year with Brawn for what is set to be his swansong F1 race.
Button has switched to a day-glo helmet of the type he used in 2009 to match the livery of his Brawn F1 car.
The McLaren driver indicated yesterday he is treated this weekend as his final race despite the fact his contract may allow him to return in 2018.
“Wearing my old 2009 helmet design today was great,” said Button after practice “The colours are fantastic, but the memories are even better.”
2016 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Lowe refused to give Hamilton a second order to speed up
- 2016 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix team radio transcript
- Top ten pictures from the 2016 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- 2016 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix driver ratings
- Rosberg’s rivals (and relatives) on his championship win